As 2020 is quickly creeping up on us all, it won’t be long until we are in the month of January and 2019 feels like a distant memory. Therefore, we wanted to acknowledge and somewhat celebrate everything we have achieved as individuals and as a team at Media Village this year.
Whilst reminiscing on the events and memories, we realise that we have had quite an impressive year!
So, let’s start with the fact that four new faces joined our team this year, and what a difference they have made!
- This year we welcomed Chris, our in-house Web Designer who has already created a number of successful websites for our loyal customers, updated the Media Village website and quite frankly never stopped talking since he walked through the door.
- Claudia joined our Admin/Estimating department and is doing an amazing job communicating with customers and suppliers, managing work orders and offering exceptional customer service every day!
- 2020 brought us a new addition to our Sales team, Anthony. We soon realised that Anthony was a great addition to the team with a background in the creative industry and video production. He also started the brew kitty, so we decided he could stay.
As well as a team and a company, we would like to acknowledge our personal developments and some of the milestones are employees have achieved this year.
- Our Operations Director Michael got engaged to his fiancée Laura
- Our Sales Administrator Oliver passed his Level 4 apprenticeship in Business Admin
- Our Proofreader Lyndsey got engaged AND married to her fiancé Kev
We were awarded…
During 2019 we were privileged to receive three award nominations from The Bibas for Small Business Of the year , Hyndburn Business Awards for Small Business of the year and Downtown in Businss awards for Creative Business of the year.
We successfully claimed the title of Creative business of the year at Downton in Business awards and the trophy now sits in all its glory on our office shelf. Held at Stanley House Hotel & Spa in Blackburn, the awards brought together the best businesses across Lancashire from a diverse range of sectors.
This award was nominated by the public and winning the award was dependent on how many votes each company received. We received an outstanding number of votes from the public and couldn’t have been happier with the result.
That’s not all we celebrated this year, In June we received our 5 star Google rating!
We started the year with just 5 Google reviews and have ended the year with an outstanding 60 5 star Google reviews, which is a testament to our hard work this year
We hosted and attended…
Starting in January we even held our first ever networking event here at Media Village HQ.
Tea, coffee and the conversation flowed as we welcomed over 50 attendees to our creative office. The evening was a huge success for both us and East Lancashire Chamber and a great opportunity to welcome everyone to our creative office space.
As well as hosting, we also networked, socialised and recently held a creative seminar.
- Sales reps networking
- Creative seminar
We got creative…
We did our bit for charity…